A native of Chicoutimi, Geneviève Fortin joined Cain Lamarre’s Saguenay office in 2017, following the completion of Quebec Bar articling there. Her practice is mostly focused on family law and litigation. In addition to her bachelor’s degree in law earned at Université Laval, she has also received a certificate in public communication from the same institution. During her university studies, she worked at the Centre de justice de proximité du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, did a community based internship at the Centre de justice de proximité de Québec and volunteered at the Bureau d’Information Juridique de l’Université Laval and the Québec Pro Bono organization.
- Personal and family law
- Bachelor’s degree in law, Université Laval (2016)
- Certificate in public communication, Université Laval (2013)
- Cain Lamarre (Saguenay) (2017 to date)
- Centre de justice de proximité du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Author of an article for the Jeune Barreau de Québec’s Proforma magazine (Volume 63 – March 2016) entitled Accès à la justice : démystification d’une problématique majeure et impérieuse.
- Author of several legal articles published in the compendium of legal chronicles of the Centre de justice de proximité du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean (2015-2016).
- Co-author with Me Daniel-François Tremblay of the article called « Légalisation du Cannabis : Quels seront les impacts en droit de la famille? » published in the Quotidien newspaper (june 2017)