T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
630 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Suite 2780
Montréal, Québec H3B 1S6
T 514 393-4580 | F 514 393-9590
Specialized in deontology, professional and disciplinary law, Me Véronique Brouillette began her academic career with a certificate in social sciences from the Université du Québec à Montréal before completing her training with a bachelor's degree in legal sciences from the same institution. Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2001, Me Brouillette uses her broad knowledge to offer a personalized service. From the development of strategic proposals to the final presentation, including, for example, support for disciplinary investigations, she involves and accompanies her clients at every stage of their case.
Over the years and through her collaborations with professional orders, Me Brouillette has acquired in-depth knowledge of professional law. An accomplished litigator known for her thoroughness, Me Brouillette has developed a particular expertise in matters of sexual offence and issues related to the transgression of professional boundaries.
In the framework of her practice, Me Brouillette regularly pleads before various authorities in disciplinary matters, illegal practices and extraordinary remedies. She also acts as an advisor to the syndic's offices and the general management of various professional orders, among others, to assist them in matters of regulation, admission of members and access to information.
Her knowledge and talent for vulgarizing legal concepts led her to teach at the Université du Québec à Montréal in professional law. She also teaches a course on the legal and organizational aspects of psychotherapy, gives conferences, and provides various types of training to syndicates of professional orders and experts.
Teaching is an important part of her practice. Invested in her work as a teacher, Me Brouillette is convinced of the fundamental importance of knowledge-sharing and the training of students and young lawyers.
Assistant: Geneviève Litalien
- Bachelor of Science in Law, Université du Québec à Montréal (1999)
- Certificate in Social Science, Université du Québec à Montréal (1995)
- VBrouillette Avocates (2012-2020)
- Sicotte Brouillette Avocats (2007-2012)
- Tremblay Brosseau Fleury Savoie (2003-2006)
- Court of Quebec, Research Department (2000-2003)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Recent developments in ethics, professional and disciplinary law (2017)
- Lecturer in professional law and on the legal and organizational aspects of psychotherapy at the Université du Québec à Montréal (since 2013)
- Various trainings with professional and expert syndic offices
- Collaboration in the preparation of judicial training and development sessions
- Writing and editing of conference texts and updates to publications for legal journals
- Conference on Canada's international obligations in economic, social, and cultural rights (1998)
- World Conference for the 50th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1998)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the Professional and Disciplinary Law Committee, Bar of Montreal (previously)
- René-Cassin competition in European human rights law (Strasbourg, 1999) – semi-finalist
- Jean-Pictet Competition in international humanitarian law (Malte, 1998) – semi-finalist