T 418 860-4580
F 418 860-4588
299 rue Lafontaine, Suite 201
Rivière-du-Loup, Québec G5R 3A9
T 418 860-4580 | F 418 860-4588
Hotline: 581 214-3211
Originally from Trois-Pistoles, Me Sylvie D'Amours started her career in Rimouski as a tax specialist with an important accounting firm. She then practiced her profession as a notary in her hometown.
Holder of a master's degree in taxation and member of the Chambre des notaires since 1998, Me D'Amours is now a notary in partnership at the Rivière-du-Loup office.
Over the course of her career, Me D'Amours has developed a solid expertise in business law, particularly at the corporate, commercial and agricultural levels, as well as in matters of financing, trusts, wills, powers of attorney and mandates for cases of incapacity.
Her highly personalized approach allows her to work on each file by adapting to the particular situation and needs of her clients. She is constantly working on implementing solutions in order to ensure the protection of both companies and individuals.
Accessible, sensitive, meticulous and pragmatic, Me D'Amours always makes sure to have a direct contact with her clients so that they feel well understood and taken care of. In addition, she maintains excellent ties with the members of her team and ensures that they understand their role and are stimulated and valued by their work.
Me D'Amours has already been a lecturer at the Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR). She regularly participates in events dedicated to businesspeople in her region, which enable her to keep in touch with the different stakeholders in the sector.
On a personal level, Me D'Amours has a passion for nature and the outdoors, travel and music.
- Business law (agriculture and agrifood law, commercial law, corporate law, real estate law (sale, acquisition, and leasing), trusts, corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, estate planning)
- Real estate law
- Agricultural and agri-food law
- M. Fisc., Université de Sherbrooke (1998)
- Diploma in Notarial Law, Université de Sherbrooke (1996)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (1995)
- Cain Lamarre, Rivière-du-Loup (2017 to present)
- Sylvie D'Amours, notaire, Trois-Pistoles
- Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche, Rimouski
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Various talks to a number of organizations in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region (since 1999)
- Author of legal and tax columns in various publications (since 1995)
- Talks on Québec’s budget and the federal budget (1998 to 2000)
- Master’s thesis on the transfer of agricultural enterprises from parents to children (1998)
- Lecturer in taxation, Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR) (1998)
Associations, committees, boards
- Former administrator, Fondation du réseau de santé et de Services sociaux des Basques, Trois-Pistoles (previously)
- Former member, Association des femmes d’affaires, professionnelles et de carrière de la grande région de Rimouski (previously)
- Former member, Rimouski Rotary Club (previously)
- Recipient of an excellence scholarship as top student in the notarial law degree program at Université de Sherbrooke (1995 to 1996)