T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
A native of Montréal’s South Shore, Simon Corriveau has 11 years’ experience in the legal profession, having practiced for four years in Montréal before opting to pursue his career in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region. He specializes in civil law, primarily in the areas of litigation, civil liability, and insurance.
He counsels and assists a diverse clientele of insurance companies, small and medium-size enterprises, and individuals. He has extensive experience representing his clients before the various courts and tribunals.
Simon is highly active in his community. He was president of the Val-d’Or Kiwanis Club (a social organization dedicated to the youth of Abitibi) from 2013 to 2014, and is now the club's director. He also served as president of the Vallée-de-l’Or Local Development Center for two years and a member of the board of directors for five. He was the regional representative for ACLDQ (Association des centres locaux de development du Québec) for 2013–2014 and served on the board of directors. He is also a member of the parent participation organization at École alternative Papillon-d'Or.
His fields of specialization include:
Assistant: Jessy Thibodeau
- Insurance law (builders’ risk insurance, directors and officers, professional liability insurance, statutory examinations, obligation to defend, fraudulent claims)
- Litigation (insurance, remedies of all types, civil liability)
- Construction Law
- agricultural and agri-food law
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (2005)
- Cain Lamarre (Val-d'Or) (2014 to present)
- Cliche Lortie Ladouceur (Val-d'Or) (2010 to 2014)
- Robinson Sheppard Shapiro (Montreal) (2004 to 2010)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- "Corporate social activities: What are your responsibilities?” a presentation given at Table de concertation en gestion des ressources humaines de la Vallée-de-l'Or
Associations, committees, boards
- Chairman, board of directors, CLD de la Vallée-de-l'Or 2013-2015
- Board member, Association des CLD du Québec, representing CLD presidents in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region 2013-2014
- Decision-making member of Fonds de soutien québécois de l'entrepreneuriat in Val-d'Or 2012-2015
- Outgoing president of the Val-d'Or Kiwanis Club