Expertise : labor and employment law
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580 | F 418 549-9590
Recipient of a scholarship for the best student of her class, registered at the Montreal Bar in 2007, Me Marie-Claude Néron specializes in labour and employment law. In the Saguenay region, her practice focuses on occupational health and safety, non-competition and the duty of loyalty, human rights and freedoms, occupational health and safety financing, collective bargaining, and individual and collective relationships in the workplace. While she often pleads before the Administrative Labour Tribunal and arbitration tribunals, she knows how to favour alternative settlement methods when advantageous for her clients. The mining industry, metallurgy and personnel leasing are also areas she knows well.
What makes Me Néron an essential asset is without a doubt her personalized approach. She wants to be more than just a resource to call upon: she wants to become a valuable business partner. In fact, she knows what it means to “fight” to protect her clients’ interests: she literally stepped into a ring to face an opponent at a boxing gala for business people in December 2018.
Because of her dedication, Me Néron’s clients consult her daily for the management of their files. In doing so, the judicialization of files is often avoided. Her approach’s effectiveness lies in her work philosophy, which considers each client as a business partner. Advice is given as if she were part of the company and the file were hers.
Involved in the regrouping of business people for several years, Me Néron is a courteous, structured and prepared professional lawyer with a good reputation with the courts.
Her motto: to cling onto the known is to remain in ignorance.
This fighter has as many passions as her credo suggests: boxing, reading, writing, hunting, music and travel. Also, the causes that she holds close to her heart are those related to mental health, especially depression, and research and development to fight cancer.
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, human rights, occupational health and safety funding, collective bargaining, collective labor relations, individual labor relations, occupational health and safety)
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal
- Cain Lamarre (2010 to 2020)
- CIUSSS (Plourde avocats) (February to May 2020)
- Langlois Kronström Desjardins (2008 to 2010)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
I have given many conferences over the last few years, including:
- Harassment in The Workplace;
- The ABC of Disciplinary and Administrative Management;
- Termination of Employment: User Guide;
- Discrimination When Hiring;
- SST File Management
Associations, committees, boards
- Administrator on the Board, GRTP (Groupe ressource pour les troubles de panique et autres troubles anxieux) (since 2020)
- Formerly on the Board of the RVGA (Rendez-vous des gens d’affaires du Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean)
- Formerly on the Board of the École Apostolique