T 819 780-1515
F 819 780-1341
455 rue King Ouest, Suite 300
Sherbrooke, Québec J1H 6E9
T 819 780-1515 | F 819 780-1341
Originally from Amos in Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Me Alec Poiré-Michaud holds a Bachelor of Law degree from Université de Sherbrooke. Enrolled in the co-op program, he had the opportunity to complete three internships during his studies, in addition to working as a law student in the human resources department of a major Canadian financial institution. Me Poiré-Michaud also held a position as a research assistant at the Faculty of Law of Université de Sherbrooke, where he participated in the re-edition of a doctrinal work on the law of obligations that is widely recognized in Quebec. He was also awarded the Prix du Barreau du Québec, the prize given to the student ranked first among the graduates, and the Lavery Bursary for the excellence of his academic results in the course “Droit du travailˮ. In addition, Me Poiré-Michaud is in the Dean's List of the Faculty of Law of Université de Sherbrooke for each of his years of study.
Me Poiré-Michaud began his practice in the litigation group of an international law firm in Montreal. Strongly attached to his region, he joined Cain Lamarre's Sherbrooke office in 2021 and practices in civil litigation and commercial law, particularly in the areas of civil liability, insurance, construction, and real estate law. Dedicated to success, Me Poiré-Michaud does not hesitate to push the boundaries of reasoning and is comfortable handling more complex cases.
Me Poiré-Michaud's approach aims to step away from normality and embrace creative and innovative thinking to find the winning strategy. Indeed, Me Poiré-Michaud is focused on finding effective, practical, and sustainable solutions for his clients and their businesses.
In order to build a unique relationship with his clients, Me Poiré-Michaud takes the time to get to know them in detail in order to propose ideas, solutions or projects tailored to their needs.
Assistant: Catherine Champagne
- Litigation (insurance, construction, disciplinary, commercial law, commercial litigation, business litigation, municipal, remedies of all types, civil liability)
- Insurance law (construction insurance, liability insurance, defence of the insured, interpretation and application of all types of insurance policies, duty to defend, duty to defend the insurer)
- LL.B., Co-op Program, Université de Sherbrooke (2018)
- Norton Rose Fulbright, Montreal (2016 to 2021)
- Quebec Bar Award, Université de Sherbrooke (2018)
- Lavery Award, Université de Sherbrooke (2018)
- Merit list of the Dean at the Faculty of Law of the Université de Sherbrooke (2016, 2017, 2018)