455 rue King Ouest, Suite 300
Sherbrooke, Québec J1H 6E9
T 819 780-1515 | F 819 780-1341
4050 rue Laval, Suite 202
Lac-Mégantic, Québec G6B 1B1
T 819 554-6666 | F 819 780-1341
Hotline : 819 614-4325
Me Josée Byrns joined Cain Lamarre's team in 2011 as she was beginning her legal studies after having accumulated many years of experience as a paralegal in the private, municipal and governmental sectors. She was a member of the Quebec Bar between 2014 and 2016. Since April 2016, she has been a member of the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
Involved for several years in various organizations, she is interested in the economic, social and community development of her region. She is particularly interested in the field of securities, entrepreneurship and succession planning. As a notary, she practices mainly in corporate and commercial law, financing law and transactional law.
Me Byrns is also knowledgeable about car dealerships, recreational vehicle distributors and dealerships, forestry, maple syrup and agricultural businesses. She is accredited for non-contentious procedures before notaries. She is also accredited as an Identity Verification Agent.
Competent, disciplined and available, Me Byrns has a real gift for managing teams. Her talents as a public legal educator ensure that she can be understood by everyone. She does not hesitate to go directly to the client's company to accommodate them and accompany them at every stage of the process. Her 360-degree legal services allow her to provide her clients with the best legal resources necessary to achieve their objectives.
Me Byrns has at heart the causes that concern children's rights. She also has various passions such as sports photography, history and travel.
- Business law (corporate law, real estate law (sale, acquisition, and leasing), trusts, corporate financing, estate planning)
- Immigration Law
- Master’s in notarial law, Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Certificate in business administration, Université du Québec à Montréal (2015)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (2013)
- Certificate in international private law, Universität Salzburg (Salzburg, Austria) (2012)
- Diploma in paralegal studies, Séminaire de Sherbrooke (1996)
- Cain Lamarre, Sherbrooke (2011 to present)
- Ministère de la Justice, Quebec City
- Ville de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke
- MRC du Granit, Lac-Mégantic
- Monty Coulombe, Sherbrooke
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Speech, “Excellence and Community Involvement,” at the Student Award Gala, Law Faculty, Université de Sherbrooke
- Multiple lectures for paralegal students
- Provided professional development training for paralegals
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, International Union of Notaries (UINL)
- Member of the Investment commitee, Société de développement économique du Granit (SDEG)
- Former member of the Ethic clinical support committee, Centre de santé et de services sociaux du Granit
- Former member of the board, Centre d’action bénévole du Granit
- Former member of the board, Association de baseball mineur de Lac-Mégantic
- Former member of the board, Association du Jeune Barreau, district of Saint-François
- Awarded graduate scholarship (regional/national level), Desjardins Foundation (2013)
- Prix Audace, an award given by Université de Sherbrooke for outstanding involvement in peer-tutoring and the Pro Bono Students Canada network, and for promoting his home region at the law faculty (2012)
- Awarded the Justice Danielle Côté scholarship for involvement in the law faculty and the local community and for academic excellence (2012)
- Awarded undergraduate scholarship (regional/national level), Desjardins Foundation, Category: “Desjardins Careers (fields other than finance)” (2012)
- Award of excellence, legal writing, Les Éditions Yvon Blais (2011)