T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580 | F 418 549-9590
It is with great sadness that the Cain Lamarre family announces the passing of Mr Claude Larouche, retired judge of the Superior Court of Quebec, and senior counsel until March 2019. We are privileged to have had the opportunity to rely on his sound advice up until the end of his practice.
The entire team at Cain Lamarre has come together in this difficult time to offer our deepest condolences to his family, colleagues and friends.
The Honorable Claude Larouche has practiced law for more than 50 years. He joined Cain Lamarre in 2015, and now serves as senior counsel in the Saguenay office. His illustrious career has included stints with Chicoutimi’s leading law firms. He was with Cain Lamarre when he was called to the bench in 1989. During his years as a lawyer, he practiced as a generalist representing industrial, commercial, institutional, and corporate clients with various courts and governmental agencies.
The Honorable Claude Larouche honed his knowledge of labor and employment law over years of collective bargaining in the private and broader public sectors, including complex assignments as lead negotiator for Université du Québec à Chicoutimi in bargaining with professors, sessional lecturers, and support staff. He also chaired arbitration boards in the field of education.
In 1989 he was appointed a Superior Court of Québec judge, based in Chicoutimi. He has sat on the Court of Appeal of Québec in most of the province’s districts. In recent years, he often brokered out-of-court settlements, in addition to sitting as an ad hoc judge with the Québec Court of Appeal.
During his years as a lawyer, the Honorable Claude Larouche was active in various community groups and foundations. He was named President of the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Bar Association and Queen’s Council. With his broad-ranging experience and expertise, he is an invaluable asset to our clients and our firm.
Assistant: Linda Dumaresq
- Mediation and arbitration
- Labor and employment law
- Administrative law
- LL.L. (magna cum laude), Université Laval
- Cain Lamarre (Saguenay) (2015 to present) (1985 to 1989)
- Ad hoc judge, Quebec Court of Appeal (Quebec City)
- Head judge, Superior Court of Quebec (Saguenay)
- Puisne judge, Superior Court of Quebec (Saguenay)
- Chair, arbitration board, Ministère de l'éducation du Québec (Quebec City and Montreal)
- Bouchard Larouche Brassard (Saguenay)
- Dufour Tremblay Larouche (Saguenay)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Lecturer in corporate and labor law, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Cégep de Chicoutimi, and École de commerce de Chicoutimi
Associations, committees, boards
- Former member, general committee, Superior Court of Quebec
- Former chair, committee for the administration of justice in outlying districts, Quebec City Appeal Division
- Former vice president, Chicoutimi regional hospital foundation
- Former member, board of directors/ executive committee, Hôpital de Chicoutimi
- Former member, board of directors, Corporation de développement économique de Chicoutimi
- Fomer president, Corporation d'aide au pavillon sportif de l'Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Former member, board of directors, SIDAC Centre-Ville de Chicoutimi, Comité de revitalisation du Centre-Ville de Chicoutimi, and SODEC Chicoutimi
- Former member, general council, Quebec Bar, and various Bar committees
- Former senior counsel, Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean Bar Association
- Former president, Chicoutimi Lions Club
- Queen’s Counsel (Q.C.)
- President of the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean Bar Association (1981-1982)