T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Registered in the Roll of the Order of the Québec Bar since 2014, Amélie Dion completed her legal studies at Université Laval in 2012 and her Québec Bar School training in 2013. A Lebel-sur-Quévillon native, she had no hesitations about taking a regional posting to practice law.
She first started practicing in Val-d’Or in criminal, penal, family, and youth protection law before joining the team at Cain Lamarre, where she now specializes in Aboriginal and corporate law.
- Aboriginal and constitutional law (impacts and benefits agreements, First Nation governance, litigation, negotiation of treaties and other constitutional agreements, partnership agreements between Indigenous and non-Indigenous businesses)
- Labor and employment law (federal labor law, individual labor relations in Aboriginal context, drafting of employment contract, drafting of office policies)
- Business law (commercial law, corporate law, mining, energy, and natural resources law, governance, intellectual property, securities)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2012)
- Cain Lamarre (Val-d'Or) (2016 to present)
- Cliche Matte Jolicoeur (Val-d'Or)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, executive board, Club Rotary de Val-d’Or
- Member, board of directors, Festival Art’Danse de l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Member of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Junior Bar Association social affairs subcommittee